Visa Requirements & Letters of Invitation
General VISA Information
- A letter of invitation does not guarantee that a visa will be issued. Visa officers assess applicants to find out if they are eligible to visit Canada.
- Be sure to leave enough time for your visitor’s visa to be processed. See here to find out how long it may take to process a visa.
- To see a list of countries and territories whose citizens need a temporary resident visa to enter Canada, see here.
Letter of Invitation
- Participants that require to receive an official invitation letter in order to obtain a visa should apply for this invitation by at least 8 weeks prior to the meeting at the very latest.
- Participants that require to receive an invitation in order to raise travel funds or for administrative purposes should also apply for this invitation by at least 6 weeks prior to the meeting at the latest. It should be understood, however, that such an invitation is not a commitment on the part of the organizers to provide financial support of any form whatsoever.
- It should be understood that the organizers can only issue an Invitation which includes the time of the assembly plus the Saturdays and Sundays directly before and after the conference, respectively.
Download the Request for Invitation Letter form.